Here’s a short review of recent changes in the Elastic skin. I ported the code to the first stable release of Bootstrap 4 and fixed some bugs. There’s also a new Roundcube feature.
Last few weeks I was working on porting Kolab Notes plugin to Elastic. I wanted to see how it goes with some more serious chunk of our code base before I put my hands on Calendar, Tasks or Files. It was reasonably smooth, see the result…
As I announced I’m working on porting Kolab plugins to Elastic. I just finished working on Kolab Tags functionality. In comparison to the old design we have two small changes:
– tags list is displayed below the folders list as before, but visually it is the same element. It is also not a tag-cloud, but a simple list. The tag-list related actions were put into the Actions menu in the list footer.
– we display tag color by applying the color to the tag icon.
We use tags functionality in other plugins, e.g. Tasks and Notes, however all of them use its own tags UI implementation. When working on these I’m going to unify and make them use the same tag-list look/behavior.
Still in a need of a graphic designer! I’m finishing work on core functionality for the new Roundcube theme. Almost all of the current functionality as of now is implemented in Elastic, including core plugins. In this post I’m providing information about some recent updates (with some sreenshots).
Contact data presentation, in read-only as well as in an editable form, is most complicated core feature of Roundcube. There are elements like photo, titles, fieldsets, groups and “composite” inputs. So, it took a while to implement for the new skin. Here’s the result.
The flow is similar to Larry’s, but I (and Bootstrap) added some improvements. Note that this is only about the structure. Colors, spacing and some sizes are subject to change.
And mobile version.
It’s not a secret that I’m working on a new Roundcube theme. It’s supposed to provide a responsive interface for desktop, tables and phones. With help of Thomas Bruederli, who provided some early mockups and John Jackson, who provided some design ideas, and a few other helping hands, after nine months of work it’s starting to look close to what I’ve imagined.